Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Activity "Being a CHEF" LOL!

Hiyaaaa Dolls!!

Me again Erfhina  Sorry if I posted too much on this blog :p just wanna share my life *huggles*

Its slightly different for this posting with others, I'm not gonna share any cosmetics nor boxes nor gossips. I wanna share some Vegan foods which I cooked on last weekend :) *PS: I'm a vegetarian* and I'm not a good chef, I don't know cooking. This is probably my 5th time try to cook something.

Well, the main reason why I cook was my mom & bro were joining some temple activities and they need to overnights at temple that's why I was alone with my Dad which mean I need to eat outside food or he bought from outside for me. So I decided to ask one of my friend stay over night at my house and plan something to cook.

We plan to cook lasagna, but I have no microwave nor oven (I will buy soon and do the Vegan Lasagna review for you all *promise! finger crossed*)

Okay, let's start! First, we browse a lot of recipes from the Internet and got some non vegan recipes and I changed some ingredients to become Vegan :)
And we set alarm to woke up at 07.30 Batam time (GMT+7) to go to market and buy those ingredients.


Wet Market at Penuin - Batam, Indonesia
This is what people called "wet market" which is I was very surprised that I would go there! Like I said before, I'm not good in cooking :( and I hate wet market.
Well, we decided to cook 3 kinds of Vegan food

1. Spicy & Sour Vegan Fish (Ikan Asam Pedas Vegetarian)
What we bought are:
milled red chili, 2 turmeric leaves, 1 lemongrass, 4 lime leaves, 2cm ginger (crush it), 2cm galangal (crush it), tamarind.


These are the ingredients for the soup

A Vegan fish (you must fry it before), pineapple, tomatoes. You can see we have cut and prepared like the pic below.


These are the main
First you need to stir-fry the milled red chili with very little oil, and slowly add on all of the soup ingredients into the pan follow with water. And it will become like this (below pic). Slowly add the pineapple, sugar, salt. Lastly add the vegan fish and the tomatoes.
How the soup looks like
Keep stirring until all mixed very well and you are finished!!


Spicy & Sour Vegan fish (not bad huh? my first experience)
2. Potato with Tomato sauce
This is very simple and easy to cook. What we need are:
Mashed tomatoes (I did 3 pcs of tomatoes), Vegan seafood tofu, Potatoes (I did 3pcs). We also need light soy sauce & a very little of instant tomato sauce & chili sauce.
First of all, you need to fried the tofu and the potatoes as well.
Mashed tomatoes, Vegan seafood tofu, Potatoes
After finished frying, now we are going to make the sauce.
Add little oil into pan, follow with mashed tomatoes. Add some sugar, salt, light soy sauce, tomato & chili sauce (try to adjust and taste until you like the taste).


Tomato sauce
And put all tofu & potatoes into the pan, stir until all tofu & potatoes covered by the sauce. And you are Finished!! I think your kids will love it!! (Don't add chili if you wanna cook for kids)
Potatoes with Tomato sauce
3. Cabbage
This is the very common food of all, I forgot to take the picture. But its only need cabbage Beijing (or any cabbage, I love cabbage Beijing because its so sweet and crispy) and a carrot.
Just add some oil and put all the carrot & cabbage into the pan.
Cabbage & carrot added
Stir it and add salt, sugar, light soy sauce, white pepper, stir again and add some water (don't too much). Keep stirring until its done. Then you are finished!!
Cabbage
DONE!! Yaaayyyyy...... I done My 3 Vegan food, and they all taste not bad. The only thing which made me really happy is My boyfie come from Singapore to Batam (my house) just to try out what I cooked and he loves them. LOL, he is super sweet!! *he finished all the cabbage*

I will keep posting more Vegan food for you all who wanna eat healthier food or maybe some of you are Vegan like me as well.  Bye for now :)

Spicy Sour Vegan fish, Potatoes tomato sauce, Cabbage

Cheers,


Admin Erfhina 
Instagram

O'Dreen

No comments:

Post a Comment