Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello Bangkok!

Hi,

It is May now and next month will be a fantastic long holiday for students and most family in Indonesia.
Thinking of where to go, why not Bangkok, Thailand.
It suits for sightseeing, shopping, and family holiday of course. Well, let me tell you my personal experience holiday to Bangkok with Diana.

We went to Bangkok via Singapore using AirAsia because we got cheap tickets.


Diana in ferry to Singapore

We took a lunch time flight but it was delayed until LATE NOON and we were stucked in Changi and had photo session to kill our time.

We start off very happy and energetic but in the end of the day, we got tired and slept on the plane. We arrived around dinner time and grabbed food nearby our hotel (cost us 30-40 Baht per plate) in Ramkhamhaeng.

I do not know whats the name in Thai but it is roasted pork with rice

This is taste somehow tasteless and not recommended at all
Our next day was a trip to the famous Madam Tussaud in Siam Paragon. The entrance fee was 800 Baht and you could go around freely inside. They have famous Jackie Chan, Angelina Jolie, and so on. You can also check on their stores too, but the goods was kinda expensive though.

Diana and Obama's family


Me kicking JB



 



Madam Tussaud was fun and took me a lot of time. It worth money I spent to see around and take a bunch of pictures. Definitely recommended for family and group of friends when travel to Bangkok.

I spent total of 4 days and 3 nights in Bangkok most of the time shopping and bargaining. It is hard for me to have food since I do not take pork so my choices are limited. Instead of having local food, I am having Japanese instead. For you who are vegetarian, it will be even harder I guess.



Bangkok did not cost me much apparently in total it costs me around SGD 500 for airticket, hotel, and food. The hotel Nasa Vegas was cheap and I shared the room with Diana so it is even cheaper. The place may not be the best but it is located next to the Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link that can get me to the next interchange to commute around most attractions in Thailand and definitely a steal for the transport from and to airport (1 way cost me 30 Baht to Ramkhamhaeng).

Note: Please be more selective on your date to Bangkok since it may have raining season and flood is everywhere (Read : cockroaches everywhere!! Believe me, I had my experience), do not forget to bargain when using tuk tuk (It is hard to bargain when it is raining), be careful of thief and pick pocket, and make sure to give tips to you masseur (I give my masseur 100 Baht) or else they will be mad at you.

I am more than happy to share my itinerary in Bangkok and all the details of expenses too. Please do not hesitate to ask me or Diana. You know where to find us :)

Cheers,

Erna
ODreen

No comments:

Post a Comment